Activities by the Senior Center during COVID-19
As of March 2020 and due to COVID-19 and the closure of the Senior Center until further notice, many programs have moved to a remote ZOOM format. Please call the Senior Center at (617) 972-6490 to register for the program you would like to join and you will receive the access information to join via Zoom. Don’t have a computer? Make sure to request the dial-in information and you can participate via your telephone.
You will find the day and time for all activities listed in the June 2020 Watertown Senior News(PDF) published monthly and available here online, and at the Watertown Senior Center, Town Hall, and Free Public Library and, at local banks, grocery stores, post offices and malls at the beginning of the month pending any COVID-19 restrictions. The newsletter may also be mailed upon request.
- Art Class with Dawn
- Chair Yoga with Diane, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Coffee and Conversation with a Guest Speaker (Public Safety coffee, Director coffee), check the newsletter or call for details; 10 AM to 12 PM
- Tai Chi and Meditation with Marie, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Exercise with Joanna, 11 AM to 12 PM
- Monthly Book Club-see newsletter for date
- Talk with Tom, 10:30 AM to 12 PM
- Seated Strength and Balance with Pearl, 12 PM to 1 PM
- Sing with the Mellowtones, 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Services Available by Telephone
- Metrowest Legal Services
- SHINE Medicare Health Insurance Counseling
- Seasonal Tax Preparation by AARP Tax Program (may not be available-call us for details)
- Case Worker assistance with applying for senior housing, home heating fuel, SNAP (food stamps), MassHealth, or other emergency issues.
Call the Senior Center at (617) 972-6490 or email SeniorCenter@watertown-ma.gov for more information. If there is no answer, please leave a message and someone will get back to you. Services are provided over the phone or may be limited due to person availability. Call with questions.
Watertown Senior Shuttle
Due to COVID-19, the Bus is not running at this time, but we are looking at how best to resume the service with proper PPE and safe-rider distancing. Please call us at (617) 972-6490 if you have questions.
This service is available based on driver availability for last minute, medical or other service appointments. Please call us at (617) 972-6490 at least 2 days in advance so we can help to schedule your ride.
Senior Parking Permits
Renew by phone! Call (617) 972-6490 for information.
Watertown Food Pantry
- Open Tuesdays 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Located at 80 Mount Auburn Street, rear.
- Wear face covering and bring identification.
- Donations accepted Tuesdays 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.