Activities by the Senior Center during COVID-19
As of March 2020 and due to COVID-19 and the closure of the Senior Center until further notice, many programs have moved to a remote ZOOM format. Please call the Senior Center at (617) 972-6490 to register for the program you would like to join and you will receive the access information to join via Zoom. Don’t have a computer? Make sure to request the dial-in information and you can participate via your telephone.
You will find the day and time for all activities listed in the Watertown Senior News published monthly and available here online, and at the Watertown Senior Center, Town Hall, and Free Public Library and, at local banks, grocery stores, post offices and malls at the beginning of the month pending any COVID-19 restrictions. The newsletter may also be mailed upon request.
Link to Honoring Choices Massachusetts Health Care Proxy Info
- Art Class with Dawn, 10:00 AM
- Chair Yoga with Diane, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Coffee and Conversation with a Guest Speaker (Public Safety coffee, Director coffee), check the newsletter or call for details; 10 AM to 12 PM
- Tai Chi and Meditation with Marie, 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
- Line Dancing, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM-see newsletter for dates
- Exercise with Joanna, 11 AM to 12 PM
- Monthly Book Club-see newsletter for date
- Pilates, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM-see newsletter for dates
- Talk with Tom, 10:30 AM to 12 PM
- Sing with the Mellowtones, 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Seated Strength and Balance with Pearl, 12 PM to 1 PM
Make sure to check our future newsletters for new classes including Pilates, Line Dancing and Flowers with Ernie!
Services Available by Telephone
- Metrowest Legal Services
- SHINE Medicare Health Insurance Counseling
- Renew a Senior Parking Permit - see below for details.
- Case Worker assistance with applying for
- senior housing,
- home heating fuel (LIHEAP),
- SNAP (food stamps),
- MassHealth, or
- other emergency issues.
Call the Senior Center at (617) 972-6490 or email SeniorCenter@watertown-ma.gov for more information. If there is no answer, please leave a message and someone will get back to you. Services are provided over the phone or may be limited due to person availability. Call with questions.
Property Tax Work Off Program FY21
Due to COVID-19, this program may be modified or cancelled at any time. Program allows eligible seniors or veterans up to $1500 reduction on property taxes in exchange for 118 hours of work in a Town Department from July 2020 until March 1, 2021. Link to FY21 application: https://www.watertown-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/29846/FY21-PropertyTaxFlyer_Application.
Please call us at (617) 972-6490 if you have questions or call the Veterans Services Officer at (617) 972-6416.
Watertown Senior Shuttle
Due to COVID-19, the Bus is not running at this time, but we are looking at how best to resume the service with proper PPE and safe-rider distancing. Please call us at (617) 972-6490 if you have questions.
This service is available based on driver availability for last minute, medical or other service appointments. Please call us at (617) 972-6490 at least 2 days in advance so we can help to schedule your ride.
Senior Parking Permits
Renew by phone, or schedule a brief in-person appointment to purchase a new permit. Call (617) 972-6490 for information.
Watertown Food Pantry
- Open Tuesdays 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Located at 80 Mount Auburn Street, rear.
- Wear face covering and bring identification.
- Donations accepted Tuesdays 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.