Updated June 24, 2020
Opening of Recreation Facilities in Watertown
Tot lot / playgrounds, basketball courts, tables / grills are now open as of Wednesday, June 24th
The Victory Turf and spray pads at Arsenal and Filippello are not open at this time.
Please follow all rules identified in the attached signage and documentation.
Please find the following documents.
· Tot lot / playground signage· Basketball court signage· Table / grill information· Permit applications with updated COVID19 information· Facility Availability Document
- · If you are / have applied for a field / track / court permit for the summer
- o You must sign off on the new waiver.
- § If you already submitted a permit, you just need to send a signed new waiver sheet, not redo the actual permit.
- o You must send your insurance bonder.
- o You must send your plan of compliance for State Guidelines.
- o You must meet with me, or have a zoom meeting.
Updated June 11, 2020
Outdoor & Flexible Seating Initiative for Watertown Restaurants
In an effort to assist local restaurants, the Town of Watertown has developed a policy allowing outdoor seating for restaurants and licensed establishments. The Town is now accepting applications for temporary outdoor seating and use to allow for this activity to be undertaken by restaurants in a safe and responsible manner during the COVID-19 pandemic. The review process is designed to be streamlined with staff level review and final approval by the Town Manager. The approval process will begin on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 based upon submission of complete and acceptable applications.
The attached application may be obtained at https://www.watertown-ma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/29480/Watertown_Temp_Outdoor_Seating_Application_2020_0611
Updates as of April 30, 2020
- Updated from BOH Mandating Use of Face Coverings : Effective at 12:01 a.m., May 4, 2020 any individual who is age five (5) years or older, and not otherwise exempt per CDC guidelines, shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a clean mask or face covering (e.g. disposable mask, cloth mask, face shield, bandana, scarf) when in or at any location open to the general public including all indoor locations open to the public, outdoor premises of private locations open to the public, and all public outdoor locations (e.g., parks, playgrounds, athletic facilities, sidewalks, streets, public squares, paths, all Town property).Nothing in this order shall be construed to require that a mask or face covering be worn by children under age five (5) years, or by persons who cannot wear a mask or face covering for underlying health reasons, or persons requiring a reasonable accommodation/modification as a result of a qualifying disability as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any applicable laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Persons with underlying health conditions who cannot wear a mask or face covering are encouraged to wear a face shield.
Updates as of April 28, 2020
Essential Services Extension Order: EXTENDED TO MAY 18, 2020 (Posted April 28, 2020)
Updates as of April 1, 2020
Essential Services Extension Order: EXTENDED TO MAY 4, 2020 (Posted March 31, 2020)
- Updated List of Essential Services : March 31, 2020
- Massachusetts DPH PPE Donation Online Portal: If individuals or Business(s) have Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) they would like to donate; please follow the above link for a fillable donation form.
- Health Care Professional Volunteer Form: If you are a health care professional and would like to volunteer, please follow the above link.